Holistic lifestyle means taking care of your entire self – of your body, mind, emotions, and soul. Simply, having the awareness that each of these areas connect and influence one another.
A chronically anxious person may develop physical symptoms like atopic dermatitis or headaches or whatever. Classic medicine will cure only symptoms whereby holistic approach and medicine will aim to treat not only the emotional issues, but the physical ones too. Rather than just focus on the symptoms of say a chronic anxiety, holistic approach to life goes deeper in order to understand a person’s family systems, relationships, and social issues that might be impacting their actual state.
It means you understand both the whole and the parts of something, and, we understand how the parts, when brought together, make up the whole. When you have the whole picture of something, you have many perspectives (these are the parts of the whole)
From the holistic perspective, it’s important to see the “big picture” and understand that many factors can influence one another.
Secondly, holistic lifestyle also means being intentional and aligned with:
- What and how you think
- What you say - how do you speak to yourself and to others
- Your actions – actually your results you manifest in external dimension of your life
Being healthy isn’t just about going to the right doctors. It is first and utmost to choose to take charge of your own well-being.
Are you one of those who approach your problem from one point of view? It’s just fine if you are because we were taught by our society to view problems from one point of view. This is the problem with linear thinking which means that for one problem there is only one solution you know you have. It is not fine if you persist your life with linear thinking mindset in the longer run.
All the problems that you might be currently experiencing up from physical ailments to problems in your job to problems psychological problems, stem from various different sources. There are no isolated events – all events are interactions between different events happening on different planes.
Employing all three planes – physical, mental and spiritual is the winning formula for a happy, successful and meaningful life. Existing and being trapped only on the physical plane and being stuck – working many years, and doesn’t succeed, is the worst option you may choose. It is due to fact that you usually miss some part of the equation. All parts are equally as important. Do not disregard any of them if you want to live a happy and meaningful life.
- Self care and self awareness
- Healthy habits
- Education and personal growth
When it comes to your health, holistic approach aims to nurture every part of your self and our lives. Each single part of ourselves that tend to be broken is important and must be reconnected with the system.
It has many benefits and some of which include:
- Decreased stress, anxiety, and overwhelm
- Increased mental clarity, happiness, and energy
- More self awareness and alignment of your body, mind and soul
- Treat health issue at its sources (cause). Holistic health concept treats the cause, rather than just the symptoms, of a disease.
- Consider several option when dealing with an issue and do not assume that there’s only one cause of or one cure for an ailment. Instead, it considers all possible treatments to ensure that every part of you be it mental, physical, or psychological is functioning optimally.
- Alter your life from complicated to simple and whole lifestyle. It is easier to make almost any kind of decision you can think of.